The TntConnect flatpak package got created with consent from TntWare. This is not an official TntWare package. TntWare doesn’t officially support TntConnect on Linux.
flatpak needs to be installed. You can install it on Ubuntu by running the following commands in a terminal:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:alexlarsson/flatpak sudo apt update sudo apt install flatpak gnome-software-plugin-flatpak flatpak remote-add --if-not-exists flathub https://flathub.org/repo/flathub.flatpakrepo flatpak install flathub org.winehq.Wine
Afterwards reboot before you try to install TntConnect.
Installation of TntConnect
Depending on your system, downloading and opening the link above might install the flatpak package. Otherwise run the following command in a terminal:
flatpak install https://www.beilharz-family.de/software/tntconnect.flatpakref
After installing the flatpak you might want to upgrade TntConnect to a newer (beta) version.
For security reasons only the files under
~/Documents are visible
inside of the flatpak. If you want to see all files in your home directory, you
can run TntConnect like this:
flatpak run --filesystem=home com.tntware.TntConnect
NOTE: When creating a new database or opening an existing one,
explicitly select the path in your Linux home directory (
instead of the emulated path in Windows Explorer – while the emulated path
might show your files TntConnect won't be able to open them.
- Due to a bug in WINE it is not possible to open any database that has the "Require this database to be on an encrypted drive" option enabled.
- Currently you'll have to explicitly install org.winehq.Wine
- Don't run flatpak commands as sudo – if they require sudo privileges they will ask.
- 2022-07-04 Published updated version (installing TntConnect 4.0.32)
- 2019-03-29 First version published